Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 lime, zested and juiced
5 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 (2-pound) flank steak
1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
Toppings: matchstick carrots, bean sprouts, sliced water chestnuts, sliced green onion, fresh cilantro leaves, steamed white rice
1. In a medium bowl, stir together green onion, lime zest and juice, and next 6 ingredients.
2. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag. Add half of green onion mixture; seal bag, and chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Cover and chill remaining green onion mixture.
3. Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
4. Remove steak from bag, discarding marinade. Grill steak for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until a thermometer registers 155° or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
5. Serve steak in lettuce leaves with desired toppings and remaining green onion mixture.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!
Join the Deen Family for a Book Signing at The Lady & Sons from 10 am to 12 pm.
The event is free; 350 wristbands to be distributed starting at 9 am.
Come see Paula’s live show at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, TX and get a heaping helping of Paula’s recipes, and some good old-fashioned fun and laughter!
Visit TicketMaster for ticketing information.
Sponsored by Springer Mountain Farms.