A turkey breast and pared-down sides are perfect for an easy meal for just a few people. You’ll get all the holiday flavors you love with much less time and effort spent in the kitchen.
Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings
1 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons hickory-smoked marinade
1 (5-pound) fresh or frozen and thawed bone-in skin-on turkey breast
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup chicken broth
Garnish: fresh sage leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a roasting pan and roasting rack with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine maple syrup and marinade. Reserve half of syrup mixture for sauce. Using a meat injector, inject remaining syrup mixture into several places in breast.
3. In a small bowl, combine butter and next 3 ingredients; rub under and over skin of breast. Place, breast side up, on rack in prepared pan.
4. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 165°. Transfer turkey to a serving platter, and cover loosely with aluminum foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
5. While turkey is resting, in a saucepan, bring reserved syrup mixture and chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Garnish with fresh sage, if desired.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula at DuBois Furniture in Waco, TX for a book signing and meet and greet from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Come see Paula’s live show at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center in Charlotte, NC and get a heaping helping of Paula’s recipes, and some good old-fashioned fun and laughter!
Tickets available from Blumenthal Performing Arts Center here!
VIP MEET AND GREET
Starts at 5:30 PM. Light hors d’oeuvres and beer & wine will be served, including a meet and greet with Paula Deen!
Sponsored by Springer Mountain Farms.
Join the Deen Family for a Book Signing at The Lady & Sons from 10 am to 12 pm.
The event is free; 350 wristbands to be distributed starting at 9 am.