Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings
1 (4- to 5-pound) whole chicken
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Aluminum foil-wrapped brick
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
1. Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Using kitchen shears, cut chicken along both sides of backbone; discard backbone. Using heels of both hands, press chicken down until flattened.
2. In a 13x9-inch baking dish, combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
3. Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
4. Place chicken on grill rack, and top with an aluminum foil-wrapped brick. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, for 15 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer registers 165°, replacing brick after turning.
5. In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth and next 3 ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with chicken. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula, Bobby and Jamie for a book signing at the Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah from 2 to 4 pm. Only 350 tickets will be given out starting 1 hour before the book signing. No cameras permitted; a professional photographer will be on site to take your photo.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten - roundtrip from Miami) aboard the Celebrity Reflection presented by Alice Travel. Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel. We are running out of space, so book as soon as possible!
Paula Deen is coming to Buffalo, NY to perform a live cooking show and let VIP ticket holders enjoy a delicious Southern feast with a menu created by Paula herself! Both events will be held at Samuel’s Grand Manner in Williamsville, NY which offers a refined elegance in a classically modern setting. The VIP lunch will be held at 12:00pm on February 8th and will go until approximately 2:00pm (doors will open at 11:30am). The lunch will include a hearty helping of Southern style cuisine which is personally selected by Paula, a Southern Cooking Bible cookbook, a photo op with Paula where she will also be signing autographs, a gift package, and preferred seating at that evenings cooking show! The cooking show will begin at 3:00pm on February 8th and run about 60 minutes long (doors will open at 2:15pm). Paula will be cooking up some of her favorite meals live for you at Samuel’s Grand Manor! Seating is unreserved and is “first come, first served”.
Click here for tickets.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!