Candied Dills

  • Pin It
  • print
Candied Dills Candied Dills


Prep Time: 20 min
Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients Add to grocery list

1 quart whole dill pickles
2 3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
2 tablespoons pickling spice


 

image

 

Directions

Drain the pickles, cut them into 1/2 inch slices, and place them in a deep glass bowl or ceramic dish.  Combine the pickles with the sugar and vinegar.  Place the pickling spices in a small square of cheesecloth, and tie it closed with a string.  Add the spices to the bowl.  Let the pickle mixture stand at room temperature until sugar is dissolved, approximately 4 hours.  Pour the pickle mixture into a 1 quart jar, cover, and refrigerate.  Remove spice bag after one week and they will be ready to eat.

Yield:  1 quart
Preparation time:  20 minutes
Ease of preparation:  easy

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Show: Paula's Home Cooking
          Watch Paula on Food Network


You May Also Like These Recipes:

You May Also Like These Articles:

Leave a Comment

Reader Comments:

54321

Hi I saw Paul make a great burger the other day on the food network. She called it a Samberger after a friend. It had a fried egg on it - I cant seem to find the recipe anywhere. Any ideas?

By lori martin on May 05, 2012

54321

I like the candied dill recipe. I actually have a great recipe for "bread and butter pickles" I got from a friend and it is a family fav. Would love to share with you. You are an awsome lady and I wait patiently to one day meet you and hopefully taste your good southern cookin. My mom was german so I am not real good at cooking southern but I sure do love it.

By Susan Ferrera on October 20, 2011

54321

These pickles are VERY GOOD I have made them quite a few times. I have also made them the same way only using hamburger dill sliced pickles, they taste the same but they are already sliced, so you can make them quicker. I have given them too friends, and everyone likes them.

By Anonymous on July 01, 2010

54321

These are delicious. I have made them several times. However, 99% of Paula's recipes are fantastic. The other 1% are only wonderful.

By Ginnie on June 29, 2010

My Recipe Box |

Paula's Upcoming Schedule

  • September 12: Deen Family Book Signing

    Join the Deen Family for a Book Signing at The Lady & Sons from 10 am to 12 pm.
    The event is free; 350 wristbands to be distributed starting at 9 am.

  • September 16: Paula Deen Live! Birmingham, AL

    Come see Paula’s live show at the Alabama Theatre in Birmingham, AL and get a heaping helping of Paula’s recipes, and some good old-fashioned fun and laughter!
    Tickets available from Ticketmaster here!
    Sponsored by Springer Mountain Farms.

  • September 18: Paula Deen Live! Jacksonville, FL

    Come see Paula’s live show at the Times Union Center for Performing Arts in Jacksonville, FL and get a heaping helping of Paula’s recipes, and some good old-fashioned fun and laughter!
    Tickets available from Ticketmaster here!
    Sponsored by Springer Mountain Farms.

  • View Paula's Full Schedule