Weeknights can get hectic, so we’re sharing three quick pasta recipes that will have dinner on the table in no time. Quick, easy, and delicious—that’s how we like it!
Chicken Pesto Pasta
Makes 4–6 servings
1 pound chicken tenderloins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup prepared pesto
1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
2. In a very large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender. Add squash and zucchini, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender. Stir in cream and pesto; cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add pasta and chicken, tossing gently to coat. Cook until mixture is heated through. Serve immediately.
Italian Chicken and Pasta Bake
Makes 8–10 servings
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 (16-ounce) package bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a very large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in milk, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in chicken, 3 cups cheese, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir in pasta. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Sausage and Peppers Pasta
Makes 4–6 servings
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (14-ounce) package beef smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 sweet onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until sausage is browned. Add peppers, onion, and garlic; cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Stir in tomatoes, next 3 ingredients, and pasta, tossing gently to coat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Note: Italian turkey sausage can be substituted for smoked sausage to lighten the dish.
For more delicious recipes, subscribe to Cooking with Paula Deen magazine today!
Content provided by Cooking With Paula Deen/Hoffman Media.