Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner. A fun and festive day to celebrate Mexican culture, food and drink! Don’t just stick to the basic party this year, impress your friends with a make your own margarita bar! There are so many delicious fresh fruits that go so well in a margarita.
Here is how to do it:
1. Stock up on plenty of plastic margarita glasses.
2. Get some of your friends or family members to bring extra blenders.
3. Set out fun and colorful bowls with different ingredients to be added to the margarita such as: frozen mango and pineapple, watermelon, raspberries, strawberries, jalapeno peppers, cucumber, melon, oranges, grapefruit, peaches, mint, cilantro, fresh lime juice, and don’t forget the salt and lots and lots of ice!
4. And now for the alcohol; buy a few different kinds of tequila, Cointreau, and maybe some rum for folks who don’t care for tequila.
5. Set out a card for a classic margarita recipe for your friends to use as a base:
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce Cointreau
1ounce lime juice
6. Let them have fun and enjoy! Have a contest to see who can come up with the most creative and delicious combination of flavors.
You will definitely need some food to go with all of those drinks. Try some of these easy Mexican inspired dishes from Paula Deen’s kitchen. Quick finger food that will keep you partying with your friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen!