Paula absolutely LOVES decorating her house for the holidays. Honestly, her favorite time of the year is Halloween, but a very, very close second is Christmas and New Year’s.
We normally get an earlier start on decorating her house for the holidays, but this year has been a busy one! This week, we finally were able to get a move on sprucing up her house to be a true Southern winter wonderland.
One of the things Paula enjoys the most during the holidays is entertaining. When she asked me to create a beautiful centerpiece, I wanted to make something easy that y’all could make at home, too!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Flowers from your local market or florist. I used a mix of roses and inexpensive red carnations from our local super market. You really don’t have to spend a lot of money.
2. Magnolia leaves – or any other large, green leaf from your yard
4. Hurricane glass, vase, or other vessel of your choosing
5. Oasis floral ring, soaked in water
6. Cooking spray and paper towels
Here’s how to get the look:
Step 1 Collect all of your materials.
Step 2 Prepare the Oasis floral ring according the package. It should be soaked in water to preserve the life of the florals.
Step 4 Start by insert the flowers in the side of your floral ring. Make sure to stick them close enough together so that the ring doesn’t show. Continue this all the way around the ring.
Step 5 Spray your magnolia leaves lightly with cooking spray, and wipe any excess off with a paper towel. The spray gives the leaves an extra special shine that will catch the eyes of your party guests.
Enjoy, and happy holidays, y’all!