Did you see those shoe planters in my Father’s Day table? They are super easy to make and really add a fun and casual feel as either a centerpiece at your dining table, or as decoration for your doorstep! And the best part about these shoe planters is that you probably have all you need to make them lying around your house.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-a pair of old shoes, preferably leather or some other durable material. Boots work great too!
-water proof material to line the shoes. I used aluminum foil, and it worked great. Just something to keep the water from leaking out of the shoes.
-flowers of your choosing.
-wet oasis blocks
Now, here are the steps I took to make the planters:
1. Line shoe with waterproof material. Like I said, aluminum foil from your kitchen works great here.
2. Cut wet oasis block to fit inside shoe. This doesn’t have to be perfect, but just enough to make sure that the oasis fits securely inside.
3. Cover the edges with sheet moss, using floral pins. The moss is going to give it a really “finished” feel.
4. Place flowers in oasis to your liking. You can use some from your own gardens!
5. Mist with water and proudly display your planter!