Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. In a medium bowl, combine apple wedges and lemon juice, tossing to coat.
2. In a large Dutch oven, bring sweet potatoes and water to cover to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange potato slices and apple wedges alternately in prepared pan.
4. In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar and next 5 ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is syrupy. Pour over potatoes and apples.
5. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans, and bake 15 minutes more.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!