During the holidays, we spend hours purchasing the perfect gifts for our family and friends. I try to do all of my shopping before December to avoid the lines and craziness during the holidays. This gives me the chance to review my purchases, double-check my list and wrap the gifts in a timely manner.
Today there is a plethora of papers and ribbons that can be coordinated to reflect your own personality or decor. I usually select two or three papers with matching ribbons. A fabulous—and inexpensive—wrap can be as simple as brown bag paper with colorful ribbons.
Simple Steps to Proper Gift Wrapping
1. Gather your paper, tape and ribbon. Remove the price tag on the gift, wrap the item in tissue paper and place it in a box. Tape the edges of the box to seal.
2. Roll the paper out to fit all the way around the box with an inch of overlap.
3. Place the box in the middle of the paper and fold the paper around the entire gift. Pull tight and crease each edge. This is a very important step. Use tape to secure the paper to the box. I fold the closing side for a more finished edge.
4. Fold each end to create a triangle. Tape one triangle to the box and then fold the other end into a triangle and tape down.
Again, be sure to crease each edge as you go.
5. Use a coordinating ribbon to finish your gift. You can just tie it around the box or make a big, festive bow.
Simple Steps for a Proper Bow
1. Wrap your ribbon around the package. Tie it in a knot with several inches left on each side. Cut the loose ends at an angle to make a pretty edge.
2. Cut another piece of ribbon (mine was a little more than 3 feet) and make several loops while you hold it in the center.
3. Use an additional ribbon or wire to tie the center while you are holding it with your fingers.
4. Use your fingers to spread out each loop to create the bow.
5. Trim the edges at an angle.
6. Use the two loose ends from the first ribbon to tie around the center of the bow you created in steps 2-4. This will secure the bow to the package.
7. Fluff to make it perfect.
Whether your gift is big or small, the presentation of a beautifully wrapped gift adds to the excitement of the holidays.
May you and your family have a wonderful and blessed holiday season.
As always, thanks for reading!
LOVE YOU GALD YOU'RE BACK
in Behind the Scenes with Paula: The Making of “Paula Deen’s Easy Southern Favorites” on February 27, 2014 at 6:31 am
Hi Mrs.Deen my name is Crawford Moore a person who has been trough a lot in life. No one wants to give me a chance to show my greatness. Because I am a felon. I was raised in a life of crime and has since changed. I am afraid because I can not get a job due to my past. I have five wonderful kids that I can't support due to this. And I have no other choice but to live wrong because no one wants to help for my changes. I have gotten myself an education and all. Need help... Sincerely Crawford Moore 224 321 7466
Crawford Moore in Guests Spots and Green Rooms on February 26, 2014 at 8:41 pm
YEA! I am so pleased that you are not letting the world chose your path. Southern women to southern women, were too strong for that. See ya and many prayers, Cynthia Scoggins
Cynthia Scoggins in My Little Miracles on February 26, 2014 at 5:08 pm