Did you see those shoe planters in my Father’s Day table? They are super easy to make and really add a fun and casual feel as either a centerpiece at your dining table, or as decoration for your doorstep! And the best part about these shoe planters is that you probably have all you need to make them lying around your house.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-a pair of old shoes, preferably leather or some other durable material. Boots work great too!
-water proof material to line the shoes. I used aluminum foil, and it worked great. Just something to keep the water from leaking out of the shoes.
-flowers of your choosing.
-wet oasis blocks
Now, here are the steps I took to make the planters:
1. Line shoe with waterproof material. Like I said, aluminum foil from your kitchen works great here.
2. Cut wet oasis block to fit inside shoe. This doesn’t have to be perfect, but just enough to make sure that the oasis fits securely inside.
3. Cover the edges with sheet moss, using floral pins. The moss is going to give it a really “finished” feel.
4. Place flowers in oasis to your liking. You can use some from your own gardens!
5. Mist with water and proudly display your planter!
Dear, Paula Deen
Well I think you are the most amazing person, you are my role model if they took you off from the set I would of died inside your the best cook and I can't waite to see you again
Alexis Conner in Summer Salad Days on December 04, 2013 at 4:59 pm
Paula, I used to watch your show on Food Network a lot when I still had the TV and cable many year ago. You weren't even that big a star back then. I always love watching you cook on Youtube after I ditched my TV and cable and read your recipes on Food Network Magazines. I hope one day you can return to Food Network and the Food Network Magazine. I stop buying the magazine since you were gone.
Orindary Jane in Love at Last on December 04, 2013 at 2:32 am
Great blog Cindy!!!! I always enjoy reading your post. This Thanksgiving centerpiece is absolutely beautiful and so easy to make.
Ann in A Perfectly Easy Thanksgiving Centerpiece on December 03, 2013 at 8:10 pm
Paula, made your Zucchini Custard Casserole for Thanksgiving and it was Fantastic!!! Thank you so much! Love you & your family. Happy holidays!
Pat Walker in Love at Last on December 02, 2013 at 8:45 pm