This year, I needed a quick Thanksgiving centerpiece that will last the entire week. I decided to look around my house for some decorations from past years and incorporate things that I already owned. I am excited to share this festive and inexpensive idea with Paula’s readers.
You will need:
1. Centerpiece bowl or basket
3. A collection of real and faux pumpkins and gourds
4. One bunch of bittersweet or fall leaves
5. One or two bunches of long-lasting flowers like mums, alstroemeria or goldenrod
6. Candlesticks, small vases and table runner
1. Place the runner down the middle of your table.
2. Place tray in the middle of the runner and center the bowl or basket on it.
3. Arrange bittersweet or leaves around the basket.
4. Cut the flowers on the short side and arrange either in the basket or in a container that will fit into the basket. Use the goldenrod to fill in extra spaces and to add some visual interest.
5. Scatter pumpkins and gourds around the basket.
6. Arrange extra vases and candles down the table to add more interest.
Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, surrounded by your family and friends.
As always, thanks for reading.
Paula, I love watching you and your family. I miss seeing your show, I watched you everyday. My son lives in Charleston S.C. He took me to the Lady & Sons to eat. Oh my goodness! People are always telling me that I look just like the cooking lady Paula Deen. I always tell them that you are my hero. May God Bless You
Mary Ann Tharp in A Summer of Burgers on August 15, 2014 at 10:48 pm
Add a few spoonfuls of parmesan cheese to the flour and cornmeal breading and it kicks the tomatoes up another notch. Bev
in Crispy Fried Green Tomatoes on August 15, 2014 at 10:33 am
I just bought Paula's Peach Salad Dressing and wondered if anyone has a good recipe that they use it in?
Melissa in Taste Testing 101 on August 13, 2014 at 8:36 am
Congrats Bobby. Loved the family picture miss you Paula on TV will be watching online. Jack is getting big. Looks like his mom but Matt aka moose has your face. Your eyes cheeks hair even falls to his face like yours except to the left. Good luck on your next venture. You give us other 60+ yr women strength to move on. Keep up the good work.
Carol Bryant in Love at Last on August 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm