During the holidays, we spend hours purchasing the perfect gifts for our family and friends. I try to do all of my shopping before December to avoid the lines and craziness during the holidays. This gives me the chance to review my purchases, double-check my list and wrap the gifts in a timely manner.
Today there is a plethora of papers and ribbons that can be coordinated to reflect your own personality or decor. I usually select two or three papers with matching ribbons. A fabulous—and inexpensive—wrap can be as simple as brown bag paper with colorful ribbons.
Simple Steps to Proper Gift Wrapping
1. Gather your paper, tape and ribbon. Remove the price tag on the gift, wrap the item in tissue paper and place it in a box. Tape the edges of the box to seal.
2. Roll the paper out to fit all the way around the box with an inch of overlap.
3. Place the box in the middle of the paper and fold the paper around the entire gift. Pull tight and crease each edge. This is a very important step. Use tape to secure the paper to the box. I fold the closing side for a more finished edge.
4. Fold each end to create a triangle. Tape one triangle to the box and then fold the other end into a triangle and tape down.
Again, be sure to crease each edge as you go.
5. Use a coordinating ribbon to finish your gift. You can just tie it around the box or make a big, festive bow.
Simple Steps for a Proper Bow
1. Wrap your ribbon around the package. Tie it in a knot with several inches left on each side. Cut the loose ends at an angle to make a pretty edge.
2. Cut another piece of ribbon (mine was a little more than 3 feet) and make several loops while you hold it in the center.
3. Use an additional ribbon or wire to tie the center while you are holding it with your fingers.
4. Use your fingers to spread out each loop to create the bow.
5. Trim the edges at an angle.
6. Use the two loose ends from the first ribbon to tie around the center of the bow you created in steps 2-4. This will secure the bow to the package.
7. Fluff to make it perfect.
Whether your gift is big or small, the presentation of a beautifully wrapped gift adds to the excitement of the holidays.
May you and your family have a wonderful and blessed holiday season.
As always, thanks for reading!
Read More From Blogs.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula, Bobby and Jamie for a book signing at the Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah from 2 to 4 pm. Only 350 tickets will be given out starting 1 hour before the book signing. No cameras permitted; a professional photographer will be on site to take your photo.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten - roundtrip from Miami) aboard the Celebrity Reflection presented by Alice Travel. Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel. We are running out of space, so book as soon as possible!
Paula Deen is coming to Buffalo, NY to perform a live cooking show and let VIP ticket holders enjoy a delicious Southern feast with a menu created by Paula herself! Both events will be held at Samuel’s Grand Manner in Williamsville, NY which offers a refined elegance in a classically modern setting. The VIP lunch will be held at 12:00pm on February 8th and will go until approximately 2:00pm (doors will open at 11:30am). The lunch will include a hearty helping of Southern style cuisine which is personally selected by Paula, a Southern Cooking Bible cookbook, a photo op with Paula where she will also be signing autographs, a gift package, and preferred seating at that evenings cooking show! The cooking show will begin at 3:00pm on February 8th and run about 60 minutes long (doors will open at 2:15pm). Paula will be cooking up some of her favorite meals live for you at Samuel’s Grand Manor! Seating is unreserved and is “first come, first served”.
Click here for tickets.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!