Dad is in for a treat this Father’s Day! Make him a special dinner that will have him full of love and beaming with pride—and no tacky tie required! Serve up London Broil with Roasted Potatoes as the main course, and end with a wonderful peanut butter treat.
London Broil with Roasted Potatoes
Makes 4–6 servings
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
1/4 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds London broil
Easy Roasted Potatoes, recipe follows
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice, rosemary, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add London broil; seal bag, and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
2. Spray grill rack with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Remove meat from bag, discarding marinade.
3. Grill meat, covered with grill lid, for 7 to 8 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 135°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain. Serve with Easy Roasted Potatoes.
Easy Roasted Potatoes
Makes 4–6 servings
1 (3-pound) bag new potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper, tossing gently to coat. Spread in a single layer on prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender and browned. Serve immediately.
Peanut Butter Candy Cheesecake
Makes 1 (10-inch) cheesecake
1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
1/4 cup granulated sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 large eggs
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
10 fun-size chocolate-covered crispy-crunchy peanut-buttery candy bars, chopped*
Garnish: chopped fun-size chocolate-covered crispy-crunchy peanut-buttery candy bars
1. To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 300°. In a small bowl, combine crushed graham crackers and sugar. Add melted butter, stirring to combine. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake for 6 minutes.
2. To prepare filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, and peanut butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in cream and crushed candy. Spoon batter into prepared crust.
3. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn oven off, and leave in oven with door closed for 1 hour. Remove from oven, and let cool completely. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with chopped candy bars, if desired.
*We used Butterfinger.
For more recipes like these, click here to subscribe to Cooking with Paula Deen magazine.
Recipes and photography courtesy of Cooking with Paula Deen magazine and Hoffman Media.Read More From Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!