Lemon juice isn’t just for a tasty lemonade in the summer. Lemons have natural antiseptic qualities that make them an amazing natural alternative for cleaning and deodorizing. Lemons are refreshing and tough on messes. We have compiled a list of our top ten household uses for this winter citrus!
1. Quarter a lemon and run it through the garbage disposal to get rid of nasty odors and freshen the drain.
2. Remove food odors from wooden cutting boards and countertops by rubbing the surface with a lemon. Also use on wooden cutlery and bowls.
3. Make a paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar to clean copper or tarnished brass. Rinse and dry immediately after using.
4. Add half a lemon to the dishwasher load for sparkling spot-free clean smelling dishes.
5. Use lemons to clean sink faucets and remove lime scale build-up.
6. Mix lemon juice and water in a spray bottle for a natural air freshener.
7. Make your own all-purpose cleaning solution. Combine lemon juice, vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Great to use on windows. Use newspaper to dry.
8. Squeeze lemon juice into your laundry for a refreshing scent. Lemons can also be used as a spot cleaner for any stubborn stains. To bleach your clothes, add a ½ cup of lemon juice to your rinse cycle and dry your clothes in the sun.
9. Combine 1 part lemon juice with 2 parts olive oil for a natural furniture polish.
10. To freshen up your microwave and loosen up any baked on particles, boil lemon juice in the microwave.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula for a book signing/meet & greet from 11:00 – 2:00 at Wolf Furniture in Hagerstown, MD.
Friday, May 9th starting at 6:30 pm at the Downstream Casino Pavilion. Admission: $100 per person; $60 per person for auction only. Limited seating available. Purchase tickets online. Proceeds benefit The Bag Lady Foundation.
Join Paula for tea and conversation at St. Mark Catholic Church, Richmond, KY. Get tickets online.
In celebration of the 25th Anniversary, come join the Deen Family for a Book Signing at The Lady & Sons on Friday, June 13th from 10 am to 12 pm.
The event is free; 350 wristbands to be distributed starting at 9 am.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!