Lemon juice isn’t just for a tasty lemonade in the summer. Lemons have natural antiseptic qualities that make them an amazing natural alternative for cleaning and deodorizing. Lemons are refreshing and tough on messes. We have compiled a list of our top ten household uses for this winter citrus!
1. Quarter a lemon and run it through the garbage disposal to get rid of nasty odors and freshen the drain.
2. Remove food odors from wooden cutting boards and countertops by rubbing the surface with a lemon. Also use on wooden cutlery and bowls.
3. Make a paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar to clean copper or tarnished brass. Rinse and dry immediately after using.
4. Add half a lemon to the dishwasher load for sparkling spot-free clean smelling dishes.
5. Use lemons to clean sink faucets and remove lime scale build-up.
6. Mix lemon juice and water in a spray bottle for a natural air freshener.
7. Make your own all-purpose cleaning solution. Combine lemon juice, vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Great to use on windows. Use newspaper to dry.
8. Squeeze lemon juice into your laundry for a refreshing scent. Lemons can also be used as a spot cleaner for any stubborn stains. To bleach your clothes, add a ½ cup of lemon juice to your rinse cycle and dry your clothes in the sun.
9. Combine 1 part lemon juice with 2 parts olive oil for a natural furniture polish.
10. To freshen up your microwave and loosen up any baked on particles, boil lemon juice in the microwave.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula, Bobby and Jamie for a book signing at the Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah from 2 to 4 pm. Only 350 tickets will be given out starting 1 hour before the book signing. No cameras permitted; a professional photographer will be on site to take your photo.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten - roundtrip from Miami) aboard the Celebrity Reflection presented by Alice Travel. Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel. We are running out of space, so book as soon as possible!
Paula Deen is coming to Buffalo, NY to perform a live cooking show and let VIP ticket holders enjoy a delicious Southern feast with a menu created by Paula herself! Both events will be held at Samuel’s Grand Manner in Williamsville, NY which offers a refined elegance in a classically modern setting. The VIP lunch will be held at 12:00pm on February 8th and will go until approximately 2:00pm (doors will open at 11:30am). The lunch will include a hearty helping of Southern style cuisine which is personally selected by Paula, a Southern Cooking Bible cookbook, a photo op with Paula where she will also be signing autographs, a gift package, and preferred seating at that evenings cooking show! The cooking show will begin at 3:00pm on February 8th and run about 60 minutes long (doors will open at 2:15pm). Paula will be cooking up some of her favorite meals live for you at Samuel’s Grand Manor! Seating is unreserved and is “first come, first served”.
Click here for tickets.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!