What makes for the best and juiciest burger? We tested a truckload of tips and here are the results. Our top ten tips for cooking the juiciest and best burgers along with some of Paula’s favorite burger recipes to try the tips out on!
The Paula Deen Test Kitchen’s Top Ten Tips For The Juiciest Burgers:
1. Don’t overwork your meat when mixing the ingredients.
2. Allow your patties to come to room temperature before cooking.
3. The higher the fat content in your meat, the juicier the burger.
4. Be gentle when forming patties…don’t use too much pressure.
5. Like a pancake, don’t press down on the patties while cooking. Test doneness by touch. The firmer t the burger is, the more well done it is.
6. Make sure one part of the grill it hot enough to sear the meat, and another warm enough to cook it. The first thing you want to do is sear it, this locks in all the juices. THEN move the patty to another part of the grill that is a lower temperature for cooking.
7. Turn your patties only ONCE.
8. Try a teaspoon of butter or your favorite herb butter in the middle of every patty. This will ensure juiciness.
9. After you have cooked your burgers, allow them to rest without cutting for 5 minutes.
10.Don’t forget about ground chicken as an option for a super juicy burger. (Note: you will need to add a binder of breadcrumbs to keep the burgers together for cooking)
Paula’s Quick Burger and Fries Sauce
Equal parts ketchup, mayonnaise and yellow mustard stirred together. Use it as a sauce for your burger or a dip for your fries. Simple and Delicious.
Paula’s Top Five Favorites!
Read More From Special Feature.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!
Join the Deen Family for a Book Signing at The Lady & Sons from 10 am to 12 pm.
The event is free; 350 wristbands to be distributed starting at 9 am.
Come see Paula’s live show at the Majestic Theatre in San Antonio, TX and get a heaping helping of Paula’s recipes, and some good old-fashioned fun and laughter!
Visit TicketMaster for ticketing information.
Sponsored by Springer Mountain Farms.