What makes for the best and juiciest burger? We tested a truckload of tips and here are the results. Our top ten tips for cooking the juiciest and best burgers along with some of Paula’s favorite burger recipes to try the tips out on!
The Paula Deen Test Kitchen’s Top Ten Tips For The Juiciest Burgers:
1. Don’t overwork your meat when mixing the ingredients.
2. Allow your patties to come to room temperature before cooking.
3. The higher the fat content in your meat, the juicier the burger.
4. Be gentle when forming patties…don’t use too much pressure.
5. Like a pancake, don’t press down on the patties while cooking. Test doneness by touch. The firmer t the burger is, the more well done it is.
6. Make sure one part of the grill it hot enough to sear the meat, and another warm enough to cook it. The first thing you want to do is sear it, this locks in all the juices. THEN move the patty to another part of the grill that is a lower temperature for cooking.
7. Turn your patties only ONCE.
8. Try a teaspoon of butter or your favorite herb butter in the middle of every patty. This will ensure juiciness.
9. After you have cooked your burgers, allow them to rest without cutting for 5 minutes.
10.Don’t forget about ground chicken as an option for a super juicy burger. (Note: you will need to add a binder of breadcrumbs to keep the burgers together for cooking)
Paula’s Quick Burger and Fries Sauce
Equal parts ketchup, mayonnaise and yellow mustard stirred together. Use it as a sauce for your burger or a dip for your fries. Simple and Delicious.
Paula’s Top Five Favorites!
Read More From Special Feature.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula, Bobby and Jamie for a book signing at the Lady and Sons restaurant in Savannah from 2 to 4 pm. Only 350 tickets will be given out starting 1 hour before the book signing. No cameras permitted; a professional photographer will be on site to take your photo.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten - roundtrip from Miami) aboard the Celebrity Reflection presented by Alice Travel. Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel. We are running out of space, so book as soon as possible!
Paula Deen is coming to Buffalo, NY to perform a live cooking show and let VIP ticket holders enjoy a delicious Southern feast with a menu created by Paula herself! Both events will be held at Samuel’s Grand Manner in Williamsville, NY which offers a refined elegance in a classically modern setting. The VIP lunch will be held at 12:00pm on February 8th and will go until approximately 2:00pm (doors will open at 11:30am). The lunch will include a hearty helping of Southern style cuisine which is personally selected by Paula, a Southern Cooking Bible cookbook, a photo op with Paula where she will also be signing autographs, a gift package, and preferred seating at that evenings cooking show! The cooking show will begin at 3:00pm on February 8th and run about 60 minutes long (doors will open at 2:15pm). Paula will be cooking up some of her favorite meals live for you at Samuel’s Grand Manor! Seating is unreserved and is “first come, first served”.
Click here for tickets.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!