Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner. A fun and festive day to celebrate Mexican culture, food and drink! Don’t just stick to the basic party this year, impress your friends with a make your own margarita bar! There are so many delicious fresh fruits that go so well in a margarita.
Here is how to do it:
1. Stock up on plenty of plastic margarita glasses.
2. Get some of your friends or family members to bring extra blenders.
3. Set out fun and colorful bowls with different ingredients to be added to the margarita such as: frozen mango and pineapple, watermelon, raspberries, strawberries, jalapeno peppers, cucumber, melon, oranges, grapefruit, peaches, mint, cilantro, fresh lime juice, and don’t forget the salt and lots and lots of ice!
4. And now for the alcohol; buy a few different kinds of tequila, Cointreau, and maybe some rum for folks who don’t care for tequila.
5. Set out a card for a classic margarita recipe for your friends to use as a base:
2 ounces tequila
1 ounce Cointreau
1ounce lime juice
6. Let them have fun and enjoy! Have a contest to see who can come up with the most creative and delicious combination of flavors.
You will definitely need some food to go with all of those drinks. Try some of these easy Mexican inspired dishes from Paula Deen’s kitchen. Quick finger food that will keep you partying with your friends instead of slaving away in the kitchen!Read More From Holidays and Entertaining.
My Recipe Box | Log in to view
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea to the Eastern Caribbean (San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten - roundtrip from Miami) aboard the Celebrity Reflection presented by Alice Travel. Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel. We are running out of space, so book as soon as possible!
Paula Deen is coming to Buffalo, NY to perform a live cooking show and let VIP ticket holders enjoy a delicious Southern feast with a menu created by Paula herself! Both events will be held at Samuel’s Grand Manner in Williamsville, NY which offers a refined elegance in a classically modern setting. The VIP lunch will be held at 12:00pm on February 8th and will go until approximately 2:00pm (doors will open at 11:30am). The lunch will include a hearty helping of Southern style cuisine which is personally selected by Paula, a Southern Cooking Bible cookbook, a photo op with Paula where she will also be signing autographs, a gift package, and preferred seating at that evenings cooking show! The cooking show will begin at 3:00pm on February 8th and run about 60 minutes long (doors will open at 2:15pm). Paula will be cooking up some of her favorite meals live for you at Samuel’s Grand Manor! Seating is unreserved and is “first come, first served”.
Click here for tickets.
Join Paula and family for a Party at Sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, and Cozumel (roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale) presented by Alice Travel. We will be having special, separate events for kids on this one with Jack Deen hosting the kids program! Click here for more information, and please note that the Paula Deen cruise is only available by booking directly with Alice Travel Book now before the prices start going up on the cruise and air!